Day T-6

BOX SCORE




Element

Current

Std. Range

Trend

Hemoglobin

9.3

13-17

^

Platelets

108

140-375

^

ANC

1790

1800-8300

^

It's official. I'm ensconced in room 14K29 at OHSU. I didn't get a room until about 5:30pm. We were home waiting for the hospital to call and tell us that a room was ready. At about 2:45, Jill said, "I wonder if we should head for the hospital." We finished packing up the Ford and hit the road. We arrived at Marquam Manor at 4:08, found the lock box, got the key and went in to reconnoiter the place. Satisfied, we unloaded the car, which was no mean undertaking, and while we were at it the hospital called and said my room was ready. 

Since we got here there has been almost a non-stop stream of people coming through. Nicole, my day nurse, and her trainee Rachel were first. Then came a PA followed by an oncologist. I can't recall their names. Pretty soon Nicole and Rachel came back, and while Rachel drew blood samples, Nicole asked me a bunch of questions about my medical history and then did a Covid test. 

They were not quite finished when Bonnie showed up to do an EKG exam. Hard on her heals was another tech, whose name I never got, here to take a chest x-ray. Most recently (they did give me time to eat my dinner) Nicole returned with the night nurse whose name is Kensie. It turns out they are not going to slow down any time soon. Kensie told me she is going to start chemo this evening. 

So, it appears we are off to the races. I will receive both Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide tonight. The latter is hard on the bladder, so they will pump me full of saline (salt water) solution and cause me to urinate every two hours. So much for a good night's sleep!! It's already past my bedtime, and we haven't started the chemo yet. It will all turn into a routine with a rhythm in a day or two. 

I'll try to keep updating you on the activities as they happen, but as of now it's back to the old "drinking from a firehose," with all the new information, people to meet and routines to learn. Thank the Lord that He has promised never to leave me nor forsake me.

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Man oh man, they didn't waste anytime. :-) Donalynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

A Dream Come True

Miracles still happen