Free at last!

 I was disconnected from my friend here around 2:40PM. No more dragging her to the bathroom. No more pushing  her around the oncology department floor. No more sleeping all night in one position to avoid pulling on the IV tubing. It truly is a blessing.
 
Bye, bye, Olive Oyl!
(My compliments to son Patrick for sharing this GIF!) 

I am now able to wear real clothes, instead of a hospital gown (allowing access to my PICC line) and PJ bottoms. I am encouraged to take walks outside, as long as I have a chaperone. Let's see, whom shall I pick. How about my own true love, Jill! That's the ticket. 

Of course, there probably will come a time when I need transfusions, and (God forbid) an infection could require IV anti-biotics. So I am not going to say anything derogatory about the old girl. But for now I am rejoicing in some new found freedom. It's amazing how little it takes to brighten one's day, depending on the circumstances.

Comments

  1. Hi Tom,
    Kevin and I just got home from a 16 day road trip. Sue came over and shared some of what is happening with you and gave me the link to your “story”. We just it read it all and our hearts are sad and encouraged at the same time. We are so thankful for your your strong faith and positive attitude but sad you have to endure all of this. Please know we will be in prayer for you and Jill. We are happy to help with anything you need here on Orchard View Ln
    In Christ, your neighbors, Kevin and Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you and your sweetheart today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comments on "free at last" might just be a sermon in the making. If only we were all able to rejoice in such simplicity as a simple walk with one's sweetheart. I'm so glad she is with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom, thanks for taking the time to bring Merrily and I up to date on your situation with Cancer (the dreaded word). I had not seen your email til I went looking for it after our call. Glad we could commiserate a bit and come out the end of that with good counsel from you and some light at the end of the tunnel enuragement for both of us. You and Jill are both in our prayers. I will be checking in on you frequently to make sure you are not misbehaving. Blessings in Him today. David

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Anniversary

A Dream Come True

Miracles still happen